Heat grain pillows in a microwave / oven - how it works!
- Heat grain pillows in the oven
- Heat grain pillows in microwave
Grain pillows have a beneficial effect. They can help with many bodily evils, which more and more people recognize. No matter which filling you choose, all are helpful. Many grain pillows can be used both warm and cold. You can heat them in the oven, which is considered the safer method and also in the microwave. It is important that the cores are free of any attachments, because these can ignite. Especially with cherry stone pillows this is a fire hazard.
Heat grain pillows in the oven
The oven uses temperatures below 150 ° C. Higher values dry the cushions too much, no matter if grains or cores are used. It is important to put a cup of water in the oven to prevent it from drying out. The heating process takes 10 to 15 minutes. The pillow should then be well kneaded.
- Place grain pillows in the cold oven on the grid
- Set the temperature controller to the desired temperature, maximum 150 ° C
- better start with less, for example 70 ° C, to try out the desired heat of the pillow
- Allow to warm for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Recirculation goes much faster, you have to try when the desired temperature of the pillow is reached
- Turning the pillow also shortens the time a bit
Tip: To avoid the browning of the fabric, many users wrap their pillows in aluminum foil. This has only optical reasons. Of course you can not do that in the microwave.
Heat grain pillows in microwave
Although heating in the microwave is much faster, there are also some risks. It is important to follow the instructions for use so that there are no unpleasant surprises.
Crucial is the power of the microwave. It is adjustable in steps and only rarely the highest level is needed. The filling and the size of the pillows are different and so you should strictly follow the instructions of the manufacturer. If these are not available, you must slowly approach the desired temperature and start with the lowest coefficient of performance.
Tip: If the cushion is heated when it is too high, there is a risk of it getting too hot. This can then lead to burns on the skin. In addition, very dry grains and the surrounding material can ignite, so you should not leave the microwave without supervision.
- put the grain pillow in the microwave, in the middle of the turntable
- set the lowest power, usually 600 watts, but there are 400 watts in some devices
- with a 20 x 20 cm big cushion one minute is enough
- Let it warm briefly
- Remove the pillow and knead
- If the temperature is insufficient, repeat the process
- For more than 2 minutes, the pillow should not be heated
Tip: For spelled or grapeseed pillows, it is recommended to put a cup of water in the microwave oven. This prevents the grains from drying out. It is important that the pillow cools completely before it is reheated. This prevents overheating.
- Favorable is the heating in intervals.
- In between, the pillow should be well shaken.
- For safety reasons, the addition of a cup of water is recommended for all grain pillows. The pillow wets slightly and does not burn so quickly.
If the pillow has become too warm, you can put it in a towel or blanket and the heat can be used immediately and you do not have to wait. If you wait, too much heat is lost.
Make grain pillows yourself and the different pillow fillings
- How to make a heat cushion in just 3 minutes with lightning speed: //www.clubemaxiscootersdonorte.com/waermekissen-selber-machen/
- Here we show you how you can sew a grain pillow yourself: //www.clubemaxiscootersdonorte.com/koernerkissen-selber-machen/
- If you would like to know what advantages and disadvantages the various pillow fillings have, then look here: //www.clubemaxiscootersdonorte.com/koernerkissen-fuellung/