Gravel or gravel for entry and exit: cost overview
- Gravel or gravel
- Loose sediments
- Cost Index
- Cost of excavation
- Cost of gravel or gravel
Gravel or gravel for entry and exit ">
Gravel or gravel are next to a fixed entrance or driveway to the typical materials that are used for this. Both sediments are especially useful if you do not want to lay stones or mix concrete. For this, the sediments are distributed and consolidated after the construction of a simple substructure.
Gravel or gravel
Since this is not a material that can be cast or properly consolidated, it is particularly natural and popular with many people due to the crunching sound. Which of the two variants is more cost-effective and which advantages and disadvantages they have, can be found here.
Advantages and disadvantages
Gravel and gravel are loose sediments that are applied to a special substrate and then compacted. In contrast to a driveway made of pure concrete or paving stones, variants made of gravel or gravel can be moved, filled and emptied even after compacting . For this reason, these driveways offer certain advantages that are interesting for the respective project.
1. Compared to fully paved driveways, gravel or gravel variants are significantly less expensive . There is no need for special machinery or a concrete mixer, as well as less specialized personnel and the material is quite cheap. Depending on which type of sediment you use, even large amounts do not reduce the capital required to complete the project.
2. You can choose from a variety of optics, because gravel, gravel and grit are found in many different colors and shapes. So it is possible to use a rustic variant for a romantic country house or to put on completely white gravel, which fits to a modern house.
3. It is much easier to apply gravel or gravel for the entrance and exit yourself and compact. This form of driveway can be even with the proper guidance even in almost complete own contribution . In this case, although the time and effort is higher for you, the costs remain low.
4. Because water can seep through gravel or gravel, you do not have to pay any additional fees to your community, such as those incurred in sealed areas.
Nevertheless, the sediments have clear weaknesses that you must pay attention.
1. Due to the loose shape, it is often the case that traces of the tire and footprints are visible, puddles are formed or the stones get into the garden or onto the lawn. Above all playing children can carry over the time many of the stones around and transport unintentionally. In this case, recompression or replenishment is necessary.
2. In winter, it is much harder to remove snow from the driveway. Especially with coarse gravel, it can often mean that you have to remove a large part of the material and refill in spring. Likewise, this is a problem in the fall when the foliage needs to be removed.
3. If you want a compacted gravel or gravel driveway, the use of honeycomb mats is necessary. Especially on driveways, which have to overcome gradients, rely on the use of honeycomb mats . These are lattices made of different materials, whose honeycombs hold a large part of the sediments in place and thus enable effective compaction.
You see, gravel or gravel for the entrance and exit are worthwhile especially for you, if the costs must be kept low . In the long run, you will need to help out a bit to maintain the function of the driveway, as the sediments are being removed. Below are the individual cost examples for gravel and gravel, as well as the necessary excavation, because you can not just lay a few mats and distribute the gravel.
Tip: Do not be surprised if the use of the sediments is called "paving", as it is called by many construction companies and companies. Actually, gravel and gravel are not paved, because this name refers to the project itself and thus used for better understanding.
Cost of excavation
An important element in the calculation of costs for a driveway or driveway made of gravel or gravel is the actual excavation and its attachment. Since without the excavation and a fortification the sediment is shifted by the weight of the vehicles and even the steps of humans and animals, their cost calculation must be done first, so that you can finally charge the costs for excavation with the necessary material costs. The individual positions are the following.
The excavation can be done either by renting an excavator or by a company. The depth of the excavation is 40 centimeters for a single driveway, and 60 centimeters for a garage or carport. The length is up to you, while the width should be about three meters or more. So also larger vehicles have space.
The substructure of the driveway is filled with coarse gravel, which has a grain size of 32 - 63 millimeters. The layer should be at a 40-centimeter deep excavated earth 30 centimeters at 60 centimeters to the 45 to 48 centimeters.
Corner stones are essential, so that the ballast base is not displaced by the weight of vehicles. Even with normal pressure load by humans a displacement could result, which is prevented by the angle stones . Especially on the edge, it is important to use them as a fixture. It does not matter what they look like, they should just sit well in the ground and thereby strengthen the substructure.
A layer of six centimeters of sand follows, which improves the compaction of the ballast base and provides a good basis for the honeycomb mats, if needed. Similarly, six centimeters are sufficient to connect the desired gravel or gravel with the substructure.
Honeycomb mats are optional, but extremely effective and secure the gravel or gravel for the entry and exit through the form. Choose a height that is between three and 3.2 centimeters.
All these positions provide for an effective substructure without displacement, which can be filled with the desired gravel or gravel. The big advantage of such a driveway is the recommended depth of excavation, which makes the calculation much easier. In the following calculation for the excavation including fixing and substructure is expected for a driveway with the dimensions of 10 mx 3 mx 0.6 m. This is a typical driveway for a detached house with an excavation of 18 m³.
- 19.7 tons of gravel (32 - 63 mm) to depth of 0.4 m: 350 to 600 euros (depending on region and delivery costs)
- 2.4 t of sand for 6 cm intermediate layer: 50 to 100 euros (depending on the type of sand )
- about 20 L-angle stones in the dimensions 60 cm x 40 cm x 40 cm: 300 to 450 euros (15 to 22.5 euros each)
- 100 honeycomb mats with the dimensions 76.4 cm x 39.2 cm x 0.32 cm for an area of 30 m²: 500 - 600 euros (5 to 6 euros each)
Thus, the material costs for an effective substructure amount to a total of € 1, 200 to € 1, 750, which depends on the design of the individual materials used. In addition, there are about 15 percent on the gravel prices due to the necessary compression and about six percent on the sand. Be sure to always include a little more material, so you do not stand there with too little. Important here are the costs for the excavation itself.
Here you can either rent a small excavator yourself, which can be lent for 100 to 150 euros per day, or hire a company. For this you would have to request this. If you do not continue to use the excavation, it must be brought to the nearest landfill . The costs vary from region to region.
Tip: Alternatively, you can save the cost of a landfill if you offer the excavation on classifieds. Many people use this topsoil in their own garden.
Cost of gravel or gravel
Gravel or gravel for the entrance and exit have very similar characteristics, but there is a small difference. Gravel is round compared to gravel, while gravel has different edges. Since gravel is grinded and gravel is broken, different characteristics must be considered when creating a driveway. So it is typical that gravel can be compacted faster and more effective, as the edges interlock with each other.
Gravel can hardly be compacted due to the round shape, unless you use banquet gravel for this purpose. The best thing about gravel or gravel is the low cost of having completed the substructure.
Depending on the depth of the substructure, you will need the following layer thickness:
- 40 cm depth: 4 cm gravel or gravel layer
- 60 cm depth: 8 cm to 10 cm gravel or gravel layer
Now you have to choose the gravel or gravel you want to use.
Well suited are the following variants whose price per ton is also listed:
- Crushed gravel (0 - 11 mm or 0 - 22 mm): 60 to 100 euros
- Banket gravel (0 - 32 mm): 50 to 150 euros
- different types of bulkheads without zero ratio (32 - 45 mm): 150 to 250 euros
If you want to use ornamental gravel, you often have to expect double or triple prices. In addition, these are quickly displaced or can be difficult to compact, which requires a higher material requirement.
If the calculation already begun above is continued, the following costs for the respective gravel and gravel types will result for a driveway with a length of ten meters and a width of three meters with a substructure of 60 centimeters.
Here, a layer height of eight centimeters is chosen:
- 4 t crushed gravel (including 6% compaction): 240 to 400 euros
- 4, 7 t banquet gravel (including 6% compaction): 235 to 705 Euro
- 4.6 t of gravel: 690 to 1, 150 euros
These costs include the delivery of the sediment, what you learn from the supplier and the rental fees for a vibrating plate . Vibrating plates cost about 40 euros per day and 100 euros per week. The material costs for the final shift of the subsequently completed driveway will now be billed to those of the substructure. An entrance with 40 centimeters depth costs on average 15 to 20 percent less.
Tip: When planning the entrance or entrance, make sure that it supports a gradient of no more than ten percent. A larger slope is no longer sustainable and would inevitably lead in the long run to a small "landslide" after a complete refill is necessary.