Knot stitch stitch for circular details in the embroidery design
The Knotchenstich is often used to emphasize small, circular details in the embroidery image. With floral motifs one marks thereby usually the bloom stamps, with the representation of humans and animals for example their eyes.
1. Pierce the needle from the back to the front through the embroidery base
2. Leave about 3 cm of yarn for later sewing
3. Grasp the needle from the front
4. Guide the yarn around the needle two to three times
5. Pierce the needle right next to the opening from which you picked it up, back to the back
6. Repeat steps 1 to 5 where you want to apply a knot stitch.
The knot stitch requires a little skill and patience. In your first attempts, the knot may have already spun into the yarn before the rest of the thread has been pulled through. Therefore, you should proceed slowly and carefully when tightening the yarn.